Welcome to Wiltshire Mind.
We are affiliated to Mind, supporting people who are experiencing mental health problems or emotional distress.
We provide one-to-one counselling support for people who are experiencing mental health problems. During the pandemic, we have provided our services remotely to support those facing isolation and loneliness.
Our free counselling for children and young people aged 11+ aims to provide a safe space where highly specialist counsellors use a range of creative therapeutic methods to help young people connect to, and express, their emotions. Helping young people develop coping strategies can mean they are able to thrive rather than just survive.
Part 1st Floor/2nd Floor, 21-23 High Street, Melksham SN126JY
Company No: 5498430
Charity No: 1113751
James Donald (Chair) Cora Gallagher, Geoffrey Brown, Brian Stables, Nigel Carter, Joe McTiernan.
Wiltshire Mind – Structure
Wiltshire mind is proud of our staff team who make a real difference to the lives of those living in Wiltshire.
Our leadership team comprises of our Chief Executive, Our Service Delivery Lead and our Operational and Fundraising Lead.
We have 3 Peer Support Group Facilitators, an Office Co-Ordinator, A Fundraising Assistant, a Shop Manager as well as a number of key support staff as well our valued counsellors.
We rely on the valuable support of our volunteers who give up their time and dedication to Wiltshire Mind.
Wiltshire Mind’s vision is of a society that promotes and protects good mental health for all and that treats people with experience of mental distress fairly, positively and with respect.
Many people suffer the anguish, isolation and stigma of mental illness, whether they have a diagnosed mental health problem, or just looking for help and support. We’re here to provide friendly, safe place where anyone can find the support and respect they need and deserve.
At Wiltshire Mind we share the values of Mind
- We are open and respect individual experience and include everyone who needs us
- Together we are committed to working with our partners, members and stakeholders
- People who are experiencing mental distress drive all we do
- Our independence ensures our integrity and confidentiality
- We will challenge discrimination and campaign for better mental health
To achieve our mission we aim to:
- Enhance mental wellbeing by developing resilience.
- We influence public health policy to reduce environmental risk factors for poor mental health.
- Enable social participation by reducing stigma and enabling people with mental health problems to play a full part in society through employment and training.
- Empower people experiencing mental health problems by providing access to information & advice, peer support networks and personalised services.
- Improve services, support and awareness by working with partners and campaigning for the statutory sector to commission and deliver excellent mental health services.
- Improve the effectiveness of our work by building a professional, efficient and financially sustainable organisation.
- To increase our mental health support services
- Raise the profile of Wiltshire Mind
- Help to overcome the stigma associated with Mental Health
- Achieve a sustainable funding base