We are an independent local Mental Health Charity based in Melksham providing county-wide services and we are here for you. We are affiliated to Mind, supporting those who are experiencing mental health problems or emotional distress.
Available to everyone, our services are accessible to adults on low incomes and from deprived areas who wish to access support.
Young people’s counselling
In February 2019 we launched our counselling service for those aged 11+, providing long term support, away from the school environment. Provided by specialist young peoples counsellors, the service is easily accessible – find out more or simply contact us today.
Our free counselling for children and young people provides a safe space where highly specialist counsellors use a range of creative therapeutic methods to help young people connect to, and express, their emotions. Helping young people develop coping strategies can mean they are able to thrive rather than just survive.
Wiltshire Mind is committed to bringing people together. We work with our volunteers to help educate communities about mental health and mental wellbeing. Our volunteer team helps people come together and learn new skills. Our volunteers also help us in the community by attending different community events, fundraising, school and business presentations too.
As a volunteer you will be an ambassador for us, representing our core values and beliefs. Volunteers play a vital role within our organisation and from day one as a volunteer you are a part of the team. Find out more.
- Supporting people to take greater control over their lives, get better access to local support, and have their voices heard
- Contributing towards creating a healthier, more resilient community, with better mental health
- Campaigning and helping to change public attitudes towards mental health
See our latest Impact Update 2019.
Helping empower people to:
- Be Safe, independent and able to make positive choices for their lives
- Be better able to manage their mental health
- Improve friendships, networks and peer support groups, and to build their community.
Information and support